Board of Directors Interest Form
Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of the Board of Directors for the Georgetown Chamber of Commerce. Serving on the Board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for professional growth. Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position.
This interest form will be kept confidential. The form is used by the Chamber’s Nomination Committee to identify and evaluate potential Board candidates. This committee will make recommendations to the full Board of Directors. Directors are elected by a majority vote of current board members, and you must be a member in good standing with the Georgetown Chamber of Commerce.
Board Member Expectations & Role
- The Board is elected to represent a cross-section of business and professional leaders. The Board sets policy and guides the direction of the Chamber through the strategic planning process. The bylaws support the governing role of the Board by establishing officers and putting the overall well-being of the organization in the purview of the Board.
- As advocates, Board members interpret the mission of the Chamber, defend it under pressure, and represent it to the members and the community. The mission statement and vision is the guiding principal for Board decisions.
- Board members lead the organization in providing support in many ways including committee leadership, attendance at events, and sponsorship of activities and programs. General Chamber members do notice whether Board members are involved. The example of Board members sets a standard for others to follow.
- Board members bring a unique expertise from their industry to the group. Those skills help lead the organization and ensure the Georgetown Chamber remains a trusted resource for our community.
Board Member Requirements
- Serve a minimum of 1 three-year term on the Board. Eligible to serve 2 three-year terms.
- Represent the organization in a professional manner with commitment to the Chamber mission.
- Attend Board meetings and important related meetings on a regular basis. The Full Board of Directors meets the 4th Monday of every month at 5:00 p.m. at the Chamber. Meetings last 1 -1 ½ hours.
- Participate in membership recruitment for the organization and be actively engaged in Chamber committee work.
- Serve as a leader and volunteer for assignments and complete them thoroughly and within the timeline.
- Stay informed about committee matters, prepare well for meetings, and review minutes and reports.
- Participate in the committee's annual evaluation and strategic planning efforts.
- Participate in fundraising for the organization.
Once you have completed the form, click the submit button at the bottom. Thank you for your interest in the Georgetown Chamber Board of Directors.